Thursday, March 1, 2007

Chocolate

It was cold as I pushed the stroller around today, but Isabel wouldn't let me cover her hands because they were far too busy gripping her toys. As has happened before, I found myself unable to put my own gloves on, knowing her hands were exposed to the chill. Not as any kind of sacrifice, but just because I felt my hands should know what her hands were feeling.

After a few blocks, we stepped into a sunny patch and she had to squint her eyes against the glare--again, I didn't pull my sunglasses out of the diaper bag, knowing her eyes weren't protected.

Soon after, it occurred to me: Isabel doesn't really eat sugar yet. Bananas and pears are about as sweet as it gets for her currently.

Oh well, sucks for her. Yum!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

After all, chocolate is nourishing, and we LIKE nourishing!

Lovely pictures of these little shared experiences. Thank you, Kim!

riversgrace said...

Laughing out loud. Yep. Today I gave River dried peas while I took a bite of a cookie. Sucks for her! Also, Kim, beautiful the way you allow yourself to be so open.

Deb Shucka said...

Chocolate is the deal-breaker for so many of us. You painted it's power perfectly. Here's to more nourishment. I love your energy!

kario said...

Just wait until she tries it for the first time and falls in love!

I am guilty of feeding my kids the regular chocolate and hoarding the good stuff for myself. They can keep all their Halloween junk - I'm going for the dark Swiss chocolate!

Jerri said...

On top of all the other lovely things you are, you're funny. Damn funny!

Thanks for this snapshot of your day.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

How does she feel about a nice Cabernet?

Jess said...

Very sweet, and very funny. And yeah, I love your openness in these posts.

(And, I'm glad it's not quite so cold here, though I'd take the sun.)

holly said...

Too funny. I used to tell Amelia "Sorry baby, this is just for grown-ups," while ate M&Ms by the handful and gave her crakers.

Monica said...

Kim, your blog looks amazing. You have set it up so well. I love the picture.

You described an indescribable weekend with the perfect words. I'm still blown away by the workshop. Incredible, loving open women, every one of them.

You are rocking on your blog. (Now I need to follow suit.)

Suzy said...

Didn't I tell you I gave her a Milky Way when I was there???
She is an absolute sweetie.