Monday, March 19, 2007

sherrybaby

Sherrybaby is a powerful, raw, and wrenching film that I believe does an excellent job revealing what childhood sexual abuse can do to a person, and one of the painful paths on which many victims of this abuse can find themselves. For me, the two father/daughter scenes explain the rest of the movie. And Maggie Gyllenhaal's performance is incredible.

Please stay tuned for more about Vision Casting, LLC and the Blackbird Feather Fund, two bright, beaming lamp-posts for women on this dark and lonely road.

7 comments:

Jerri said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Kim. After all that's been shared and discussed in the circle, I look forward to seeing this one.

Deb Shucka said...

Wouldn't it be cool if the circle could watch it together? I'll be looking for it. Thanks for the tip.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Who's better than you, Kimmy Pie????

Suzy said...

KP is the coolest....

Jenny said...

Thanks for the rec. I love good movies ALMOST as much as I love a good book.

Jerri said...

If this is as good as your Lyle Lovett suggestion, I'm going to love it.

Just so you know, I'm listening to Lyle at this moment and you're on my mind. Love him. Love you more.

j

Monica said...

Oh man, I've gotta see this movie.

So true about Vision Casting and Blackbird Feather Fund. You women are blazing a trail and it is a wonder to see.